Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dance Recital

Olivia just had her third dance recital and I know I am a little biased but she is such a great dancer. I honestly think that this is her thing. I remember as a baby she would crawl over to the stereo and rock back and forth and bop her head up and down.




It's great to watch her up on the stage when she is there with all of the other kids and most of them are just standing there looking out into the crowd or waving to their parents, Olivia is so focused and paying attention to her teacher. We are so proud of her.

She had three performances. First was her tap routine "Walk Like and Egyptian" which for some reason she is wearing a Genie outfit. But it was cute nonetheless.

Her second routine was her gymnastics class and they tumbled across mats to the song " Welcome to the Jungle" (Note the 80's theme going on) I have to admit I am a little embarrassed that I can't remember the song to her ballet routine but I know she did great.


Here are a few of her pictures from the recital. The only thing I really don't get is that they want the kids to wear so much makeup. But it's only once a year and Olivia feels so pretty when she's all gussied up!











3 comments:

Leora Sanford said...

it's about time!! :)
I need to update mine, now.

Paige was soooo excited to see pictures of the girls. so now you're going to have to keep it up because she will be looking forward to it.

Love you!!

Amy said...

awww.. olivia looks so cute in her dance outfit! i bet it's so fun to watch her. so glad you have a blog now! love ya!

Grandpa and Grandma Hoggan said...

How cute she is!!! Our little dancing princess. Wish we could have seen her dance. Give her a big hug for us and tell her we love her. Mama Hoggan